What is enlightenment? According to wikipedia:
“Enlightenment is the “full comprehension of a situation”. The term is commonly used to denote the Age of Enlightenment, but is also used in Western cultures in a religious context. It translates several Buddhist terms and concepts, most notably bodhi,[note 2] kensho and satori. Related terms from Asian religions are moksha (liberation) in Hinduism, Kevala Jnana in Jainism, and ushta in Zoroastrianism.
In Christianity, the word “enlightenment” is rarely used, except to refer to the Age of Enlightenment and its influence on Christianity. Roughly equivalent terms in Christianity may be illumination, kenosis, metanoia, revelation, salvation and conversion.
This does not say much in my opinion, so I will try to provide a summary drawing from several years of personal experiences and studies.
States of being
Enlightenment manifests as radical shifts into different states of BEING. Into a certain oneness which CANNOT be boxed into words. Words point to the memory of something. Being some particular thing, it cannot be the whole thing.
It is inherent into the nature of words that they cannot encompass complete experience, words only give pointers.
vs the ego or lesser mind that identifies
Enlightenment is hinted to in both religions, spirituality and science, but easily gets distorted by identification, which creates division between subject and object, knower and known. It can be useful to remember that none of the common paths are needed once a fundamental understanding of reality has been reached.
Seeking the truth
To seek enlightenment is the continuous persistent pursuit of staying as conscious, aware, observant as possible to learn about ones true nature in relation to something whole. It is the ultimate goal of any being, and is required to experience unconditional love and happiness. Proving the last statement is part of the goal of a book I have started writing titled ‘A Treatise on Truth’.
profound knowing and understanding into the truth of reality, which encompass aspects such as
- The nature of existence and consciousness
- Complete understanding and awareness of moment-to-moment experience of the relationships between all perception (sight-sound-smell-touch etc) and actuation channels (thought, movements, speech etc)
- The sum totality of conscious experience, which is always what is happening right here, right now!
Enlightenment is not
- A particular knowledge about something. Thus it is not something you can ultimately find by listening or reading to what someone else is telling you.
- A certain place or state of being
- A certain entity outside of yourself
Articles & Essays
- How to Become Infinite Infinities by Raising Consciousness and Awareness
- Layers of selves hiding the Truth
- Reframing Death Into a Tool for Personal Development
- Thoughts on the apparent dimensions of reality and its relations to consciousness
- What is reality?
Insights & Summaries
- Pointers towards Truth
- What dreams are in relation to enlightenment and reality
- Summary of profound experiences, 2017