Here is a list of things to accept to quickly start dissolving the ego, both personal and collective. It follows the divisions of the well renowned spiral dynamics model, going all the way from the instinct self to the non-dual state. It gets harder and harder for the ego to stomach the more of the bullet points you accept as possible truths.
Only read it if
- You are interested in the long-term happiness for yourself, mankind and all life around you.
- You really want to dissolve and transcend the ego.
- We don’t need any of the basic things we think we do for survival: Food, water, shelter etc. We only imagine we do and imagine others that appear as they do too.
- We don’t need other people/things/ to interact with. We imagine others need it, and manifest them as appearing to need it and get fulfillment from it.
- We don’t need to control/own anything. We imagine we do and manifest others who appear as they own or control, have benefits and derive happiness from it. It is only seems true from that temporarily partitioned perspective of consciousness.
- We don’t need rules of behavior or thought, special symbols of faith etc. We don’t need a particular purpose of any thought, object or person, including ourselves. The outer world only appear to follow the rules we are still identifying with.
- We don’t need to change anything internally or externally to become anything. We manifest information, people and things as if they appear to improve or change things and give happiness or fulfillment, but they don’t. It is an illusion, temporary and leads nowhere.
- We are not learning anything. There is nothing to learn, it only appears as if someone is learning, that there is an “outside” teaching and “inside” learning, but it is attachment to thought, information and memory, just as if we were collecting junk into a large house. Likewise, we are never teaching, it is just the same with “outside” given junk from “inside”. Nothing actually happens to give real lasting happiness.
- Nothing worth having is emerging. We are just imagining that something “new” has happened, and imagining that because it is “new”, it is more worth than what was before. We collect manifestations as “experiences” with new perspectives and ideas etc, keep running after these, watching others do the same.
- And finally, by writing and sharing this list we might be fooling ourselves with a belief that being enlightened/thinking non-dual and manifesting enlightened people is “the right thing to do”. It might be better to just sit and meditate doing nothing.
The basis for the reasoning above are
- You are consciousness, all of it, but distracted into thinking you are a separate self.
- Preference creates attachment/ego. Both positive and negative. Struggle against anything or finding reasons for negating anything creates new attachments, which keeps the ego going.
- Diverted attention of consciousness into perception of separate things, time, space, etc. creates attachment/ego